Trons Disappointed Fans
Fans That Disappoint
Fans and supporters took to social media to show their disappointment after the ‘secret announcement’ late last night. Justin Sun and the Tron Team apparently didn’t deliver the ‘marketing & shine’ that people expected.
They were expecting the ‘secret’ segment of the announcement to have more ‘pizazz’ and when they didn’t get it, sent off a twitter storm to console each other or complain. Some going as far expressing how they need to do better marketing and hire people who can do a better job presenting with more enthusiasm….
The other side were die hard supporters (who are capable of ignoring even the bad portions of what Tron does) were saying for once something I agree with: that it’s not about the marketing, it’s about the project.
This complaining about the lack of marketing is a serious issue for me. In an age of ICO scams because of all the marketing glitter, you would think the project is what matters most, not the marketing. If you only focus on the marketing you’re going to miss out. And many thousands missed the followings from the Tron Secret Announcement:
1. TVM- Tron virtual Machine. Is lightweight, Turing complete virutal machine devised for the development of Tron’s ecosystem. It aims to provide millions of global developers with a custom- built system for blockchain that’s efficient, stable, secure and easy to optimize, essentially developer-friendly.
2. 40 mainstream exchanges including Binance, Bittrex, Bitfinex, Upbit, Huoni and OKEx have completely the token migration from the worthless ERC20 tokens to Tron’s mainnet TRX without any financial loss so far for the users- although not all normal users/investors have made the exchange.
3. Tron mainnet so far is running smoothly.
4. There are a total of 92,424,664,154.355837 ERC20 Tokens burnt, accounting for 92.42% of the total issued. Before the migration is completed, the remaining ERC20 tokens will remain valid for exchange at Binance and Gate.io.
5. The TRON network will serve as the underlying protocol of Project Atlas. Hundreds of millions of BT users across the globe will become part of the TRON ecosystem. BT will be the largest application on the TRON network, which will allow TRON to surpass Ethereum on daily transactions and become the most influential public blockchain in the world.
As some might know from my previous post about Tron’s lack of care during this migration, I’m not exactly happy with Tron. The migration itself really unsettled me on their ability to actually do properly what they want with investors in mind. But this ‘marketing and glitter’ issue that most of the supporters and fans are complaining about, makes me uneasy that I’m investing in something that people heavily depend on to be marketing savvy.
Dogecoin is a better investment than many of these ICOs and new coins yet it lacks excitement and flair. Cryptocurrency users and investors are inviting an ecosystem that rewards exciting sound scams and widgets that are guaranteed to fail. This may work for the short-term but in the long-term it will be the difference between life and death for currency, projects and profit/loss to the investor.
Tron is actually a really good project, it’s made some great strides, and taking steps in the right direction. Do they need to be marketing hype all the time, especially when Investors like me just want the straight talk about what’s happening and what they are doing.
There’s a serious lack of common sense in cryptocurrency and the investors too.
This is money. This isn’t a high school popularity contest, where you need sparkles every time they hold a dance. And this should mean a lot coming from me, considering I am incredibly hard on Tron for their fiasco of a migration.
These are not issues. Their job is to make the project a success and take Tron to new levels, not to sit there with a marketing team to sparkle you with every meeting.
We have real issues here with Tron, and none of it has to do with their marketing. People really need to look at those issues instead of being upset about the marketing or Justin Sun’s lack of ability to wooo you.
What do you think, am I wrong? Should there be more marketing sparkle for cryptocurrency projects?